Do you ever have day where you have been working all week, you left at 6AM, you get home at 6PM and the last thing you want to do is make dinner? Well, I have a quick and easy recipe. This recipe is for those families who rarely get to stop, but also for those who don’t want to give in to the fast food option. OH and this is great for the picky-eaters (cough, cough MY HUSBAND). I have admit, I probably make this pizza at least twice a month, if not three times. Sometimes I mix-it-up, so I’ll include other renditions I have tried too. Scroll Down↓ for the details and pics!
- 1 Can Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
- 1 1/3 Cup of Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce
- ↑Ends up being about 3/4 the Jar
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2-3/4 Cup of Thick Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Sliced mushrooms(If wanted)
*The Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce, is the best non-homemade pizza sauce I have tried and I have tried MANY.
- Preheat Oven to 425°F. Spray/Grease a 9×13-inch pan or 12 inch pizza pan. Unroll the dough onto the pan, softly press to even the dough out.
- Drizzle the Olive Oil over the dough. Then sprinkle the oregano and garlic salt evenly over the dough. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove the semi-cooked dough from the oven.
- Evenly spread the pizza sauce over the dough, then the mozzarella and parmesan cheese and lastly the pepperoni. If you like mushrooms go ahead a put those on top too. Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, until crust is a deep golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, and that’s it!
Vegetarian– Take away the pepperoni and get cheesier and add some color. Add a 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese and green olives or sweet bell peppers of BOTH.
***My Favorite– Get sliced sandwich pepperoni, from the deli (the large pieces), add 1/2 cup blue cheese, 1/2 cup caramelized onions, 1/2 cup homemade bacon bits and top it off with 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil leaves.
Meat Lovers– My husband loves some bacon, add 1/2 cup homemade bacon bits and 1 cup crumbled maple sausage (Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage).
Cheese on Cheese– The simple people. Take away the pepperoni and mushrooms, and add 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese or asiago cheese.
Health Nuts(Caprese Style)- Use Artisan Whole Grain crust from Pillsbury. Get FRESH mozzarella and slice large circular pieces and place them even over the pizza sauce. Then get 2 tomatoes, slice them and also evenly place them on the pizza. Lastly, top it off with some fresh basil leaves- whole or chopped. (I like chopping fresh basil because I feel like the flavor becomes more intense.
I originally just followed the directions on the back of the pizza crust pan, but I realized that there were ways to make this meal really taste good. By putting the olive oil and spices, on the crust and baking for 5 mins, gives the dough a little more flavor and makes it nice and crispy. You really can play with this recipe and make it your own. Please share your own renditions with me, if you change anything up! I’m confident your family’s stomachs will enjoy this one, even the picky ones. Enjoy!